Sunday 2 November 2014

My Skincare Routine



While I'm writing this, I'm all snuggled up in bed, a Vanilla Muji candle is burning on the table next to me and I'm sipping on a camomile and honey tea... yup, I'm so ready for autumn and winter. And you? Are you feeling the sweater weather?

Now that we are moving into colder months, I feel like I have to take extra care of my skin to protect it. I tend to get a few dry patches here and there at this time of the year and my skin seems very dull lately. Plus, I'm putting more emphasis on cleaning my skin properly and getting rid of all the makeup, so I'm sticking to a strict 3-step-cleanse that has been working amazingly for me! So let's start with the morning....





I keep my morning routine to a very simple and quick level, mainly because I'm always in a rush and can't be bothered to spend a lot of time in the bathroom. The products I use are literally the most basic ones, but they seem to work and my make up sits well on my skin afterwards. I'm in love with the Avène Cleanance Gel, this easily can be my third or fourth bottle I go through. It is not stripping or drying at all and just leaves the skin feeling fresh and super clean. I then go over it with the BeeGood 3-in-1 Cleansing water, which claims to leave the skin clean, refreshed and toned. It does exactly that and just gives that extra radiance boost. As a moisturiser I recently purchased the Simple Daily Moisturising Cream with SPF15, which is nothing fancy but does the job- and has sun protection, something no one can deny is extremely important. And that's about it, really! I'm thinking about adding a serum to this little routine for a bit of extra hydration and glow, but I haven't found one that I wanted to buy yet, so do leave me any recommendations in the comments down below!


In the evening I put a lot of emphasis on really cleaning my face properly and dissolving all my make up, since I feel this makes a huge difference in my skin appearance. As soon as I skip this routine, even though if it's only for one night, I'll have a mini-breakout on the next few days, which is not fun at all...
I started using the L'Oreal Oil Cleanser a few weeks ago and I've been really enjoying it, because it helps to break down my makeup and dissolve my mascara. After I have rinsed it off, I use a few cotton pads soaked with the Avène Micellaire Water, which helps to cleanse the skin even further. I then use my Cleanance gel again and wash it off with a flannel, which kind of works as an exfoliation. I finish everything off with the E45 Xeramance cream for very dry/atopic skin and this is an amazing product when you are prone to dull and dry skin during winter (or all year round...). For the moment I'm adding a few drops of a Rosehip Oil to my moisturiser, of which I got a sample with a magazine. Rosehip Oil is known for its redness reducing properties, as well as giving an extra amount of hydration and glow. It's supposed to have anti-aging facilities as well! I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to buy a full bottle of it, but I'm really enjoying the sample right now... Let's see how long it lasts (hmm... how about forever? Thanks).

This routine has been working quite well for me lately and I kind of have my spots, dry patches and other imperfections under control... I think the most important thing is to find out what works for your skin and then stick to it, sometimes a very irregular skincare routine with a lot of changing products is prone to cause irritation and breakouts. 

I would love to read your routines, so leave a link down below if you have done a post on it and I'll definitely check it out!

Have a lovely start to the week and I hope you enjoyed your sunday,

M.









2 comments:

  1. I was using the Avene Gel many years ago, but now I found a better and cheaper alternative! A handmade mint soap, so simple, but yet so powerful! I also want to try BeeGood products at some point! :)

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuuh, handmade you say?? Share your secret and pop a post about it on your blog! xx

      Delete