Sunday 30 November 2014

My Perfect Three

Today's post is all about the three products that I have been using non-stop for my base lately. Since my skin has become drier and drier, all my other foundations have simply been sitting on top of my patches and enhancing pores and fine lines. Not a good look, let me tell you! Plus, the colour match wasn't that great anymore, either. So I went out and bought three products and I couldn't be happier. Without further ado, these are my new winter faves:




1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: This light coverage foundation is perfect for me as it unifies my skin tone and covers redness while still having the most natural and skin-like finish ever. Personally, I much prefer having a light base and using concealer to cover spots and build up the coverage than the other way round. The texture is quite liquidy and somehow refreshing on the skin and I use the lightest colour in the range, so if you are pale as me and struggle with finding products that suit you, have a look at this one!

2. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: This hyped-up product was basically the only concealer in a shad that works on my skin tone... And it is indeed as good as everyone is saying! It has not a huuuuge amount of coverage, but it works perfectly under the eyes. On spots it's okay, it doesn't eliminate them completely, but for me it's enough. 

3. Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder: This one is so so so good. It sets make up like no other product I've used before but never looks cakey on the skin. This one has totally won me over! Many compare it to high-end powders, so for its price it is amazing.

What are your holy grail base products? 
xx
M.






4 comments:

  1. I've only tried he Happy Light foundation from Bourjois and it's stunning! I wanted to use the Healthy Mix in the first place, but I couldn't find the right shade... Still the Happy Light is a bit darker for me now, but I mix it with a lighter foundation and it's totally fine! You should give it a try too! :)
    Happy December Miriam!

    Diana P. | Cups & Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to get the Happy Light one too! But, same as with you, the shade wasn't quite right... Maybe for summer time
      You too, I hope you are enjoying it xx

      Delete
  2. I hope I can find Bourjours here, I'm beginning to hit pan on my Sephora powders but luckily it is getting colder so that my makeup doesn't "sweat off".
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they seem to last sooo long, didn't you hit pan last summer already? Try to find it, I can't rave enough about it. <3

      Delete