Wednesday 9 July 2014

City Spotlight: Barcelona




Last week I spent 3 days in Barcelona with a lovely friend of mine and as I lived in Barcelona for 6 years, I played the tourist guide for her. I took her to all the sight-seeing spots, but what we enjoyed most was walking through little streets and discovering new and cute cafés, bars or shops. Barcelona is perfect for that and I fell more and more in love with this city.





                             
Las Ramblas is definitely the street that is most crowded with tourists.


This is the "Mercat Sant Josep", a market that offers all types of fruits and typical spanish 
"Tapas"




Plaza Colón (The statue of Cristopher Columbus is pointing towards South America)


The harbour 




 As I said before, I love these types of streets 


 The cathedral 


 Barcelona is known for Gaudí's masterpieces in architecture, such as the Casa Batlló (on the right)



"La Barceloneta"is the best known beach in Barcelona and most of the nightclubs and fancy restaurants are located here


In the background you can see the W hotel, also known as the "hotel Vela" (eng. sail) because of its shape


Quick #OOTD: Zara maxi skirt, Forever21 cami top, Stradivarius necklace. It is the perfect outfit for a hot day, BUT I really struggled with the wind... I had some Marilyn Monroe moments there, even though it's a long skirt! 


I hope you enjoyed this post! Have you been in Barcelona already and what did you like most? 

I hope you all have a lovely day (:

M.

2 comments:

  1. Barcelona! I want to visit this place too! Especially for the architecture! :D
    You're so beautiful in the last photo! :)

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barcelona really is incredible and for you it must be amazing because you study architecture right? Thanks so much, you are so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete