Wednesday 28 May 2014

Graduation Makeup

The 31th of May is my graduation aaaand my 18th birthday and I obviously don't want to have a messy face. That's why I already practiced how I'll prepare myself for the big day and went through aaall the process. I have found some things I should definitely improve (eyeshadows, I am talking to you) but in the end I was very happy with the result.

What do you think? Are there any tips and tricks you want to share with me? How was your graduation day?

First things first, I have to prep my face. I started with the Eau Thermale Avène Cleanance Gel and applied afterwards the Instant Cooling Effect Mask from Yves Rocher to get a clean and plump looking skin. I then used some Dove Tanning Lotion all over my body and face, in hope to get a slightly healthier and more tanned look. Lately the weather has been quite cold here in Madrid and I haven't had the chance to sunbath, which is a shame... But whatever, thank you very much to the person that invented Self-tanning Lotions. 
    

I then decided to start with the eye makeup rather than foundation because the eyeshadows are quite glittery/shimmery and I don't want them all over my face.

First step: Eyebrows. I used the Lâncome Le Crayon Sourcils (Blonde Cendré) eyebrow pencil and filled them in with small and soft strokes. I then primed my eyes with the Nyx Eyeshadow Base.


 

I used 2 Eyeshadow Quads to achieve the look. The first one is the Rimmel London Eyeshadow Quad Smokey Brun and I used the Taupe Color all over the lid and the Light Brown one in the crease and under the lower lash line  I then went over the taupe with the silver shade in the L'Oréal Smoky Velours Noir Quad so that my eye makeup matches my accessories. Finally, I lined my upper lash line with the black in that same eyeshadow palette. 

Then I just gave my lashes a quick curl and put loots of coats of waterproof mascara on (German Brand: P2 Beauty Insider Volume Mascara Waterproof)  

For the face I am going to quickly list the steps, because I am afraid that this post is getting too long...  


  • I used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer on some spots under my foundation and blended it away later to avoid harsh line
  • I mixed the Kiko Medium Foundation (A2) and Vichy Lumineuse Sheer Radiance Tinted Moisturiser (Nude 01) to get the perfect shade and texture
  • I waited a little bit until the foundation has set on my skin properly and I came back with some concealer under the eyes and on some veeery annoying spots.
  • I then set everything with the Essence Fixing Pressed Powder
  • For contouring I used the Bronzer Powder and as a blush I opted for the Dior Soft Powder Blush in the shade 849 'Contour'
  • The last step was highlighting and I used the L'Oréal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer on the high points of my cheek bones, down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow. 


After soooo many steps I kept it quite simple on my lips and simply used the Kate Moss Rimmel London Lipstick edition colour 103 and for some extra shine I used a Sfera Lipstick in the shade Nana (008).




That's it! I hope you haven't found it toooo boring :)


Thank you for reading it!

M.  

7 comments:

  1. Schreibst du deinen blog mit Absicht auf Englisch?
    Und ja man fühlt sich viel verbundener !!

    Grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jaa, weil ich in Spanien lebe, da kann keiner was mit Deutsch anfangen! Und ich möchte mich aber nicht nur auf Spanien begrenzen, ausserdem ziehe ich bald nach London um :)

      Danke zum vorbeischauen!

      Delete
  2. yeah, sure, thank you for having a look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful! Your hair is amazing and your eyes more than stunning! <3

    http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're so cute, thank you soooo much for all the support you give me! you are truly amazing diana :D

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you and welcome! You should definitely model! :D
      I've been thinking that maybe I didn't answer your question properly about photography, I only told you about lighting, here's something useful too http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2014/03/blog-photography-working-with.html

      Delete
    3. that's an amazing post from Lily and I love the whole "blogging and vlogging" tips she has with Anna! Thank you soooo much <3

      Delete